Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Encouragement Wednesdays"

Our team leader Craig has asked each of us to take turns sending out a note of encouragement to the rest of the team via e-mail. Below are some of the previous e-mails of encouragement to share with you, and I will continue to send future notes every other week. Coincidentally, my kids just learned one of these very same verses (Joshua 1:9) in vacation bible school last week, complete with cool actions and sound effects (e.g. lots of muscle flexing and lion roars to represent strength and courage)! -Kelli

Encouragement from Joshua (sent by Mary Lou on 6/2) -
The Scripture from Joshua always blessed me and encouraged me. This is what it says:
"As I was with Moses, so I will be with you: I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Even on the other side of the world our God is with us, what an awesome God we serve, Praise his holy name!!!!!!
Blessings to all,
Mary Lou

Encouragement (sent by Laurie on 6/17) -
In Philippians 1:6 we read "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." God has begun a work in each one of us with this trip and our willingness to serve Him. I am grateful that it will be a work both begun and completed by Him. We can rest in this knowledge and trust in the outcome.
Your sister in Christ
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment